Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2000 17:37:38 +0200
From:      "Stein M. Sandbech" <stein@ife.no>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Intel D815EEA. Testing FreeBSD 4.0 on,

FYI

I`ve finished  a custom install of  FreeBSD 4.0 Release  on a brand new
Intel
motherboard last night, the D815EEA, with integrated LAN, Audio and
Graphics.

The initial results are summarized below:

Configuration:
- D815EEA with;
        * Intel 82562ET 10/100Mbit/sec (nic) component.
        * Audio (Intel 82801BA+AD1885 analog codec, and Creative Labs
ES1373 digital controller
                           and the CS4297 Analog codec).
        * Intel 82815E Graphics and Memory Controller Hub, the Graphics
controller.
 - Pentium III 733/133MHz CPU.
 - 128MB PC133 SDRAM, non ECC.
 - IBM Deskstar 18GB IDE disk.
 - CDROM/floppy/....... etc

The initial install went OK, and after the first reboot I noticed that
it did not recognice a
valid ethernet controller. I really expected it to see a  "fxp"  device,
but no.

I have not tested the audio or graphics parts yet. I expect that I won`t
be able to use the
older 810 chipset support in XFree86. This board has an AGP4x port,
however.

I will disable onboard LAN for the time being, and install another nic
for further testing
of the board. The board are really fast and seems very stable. All i all
a nice board.

Are there anybody working on support for these new Intel LAN components?

I will also install an AGP Graphics card  for further testing, I do not
expect that the
new Intel graphics chip will be supported soon.

--Stein Morten

--
/*  Stein M Sandbech                   Email: stein@ife.no     **
**  Senior Systems Engineer, EDP dept  Email: stein@www.ife.no **