Date:      Wed, 19 Jan 2000 03:18:21 GMT
From:      mike@sentex.net (Mike Tancsa)
To:        majid@ibroadcast.net ("Majid Almassari")
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptic Ultra2 RAID Controller.

On 18 Jan 2000 16:53:31 -0500, in sentex.lists.freebsd.questions you wrote:
>Hi there,
>Does any one know if FreeBSD Release 3.4 supports the Adaptec Ultra2 =
>RAID cards Model AAA-133U2. I looked through the Release Notes did not =
>see it listed among the Disk Controllers. Advise and suggestions are =
>appreciated.

It is not supported. Most likely candidates for support are DTP, Mylex and
the AMIMegaRAID.  See http://www.freebsd.org/~msmith/RAID for drivers for
STABLE for the Mylex and MegaRAID.  Although the drivers are prelim, I have
had good luck with two test boxes on a DAC960PL and an 1428MegaRAID running
RAID 0,1 and 5.  Note, there are no management applications yet, so you
will have to boot to LINUX or DOS or to the card's BIOS to adjust/rebuild
your RAID sets.

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)
Sentex Communications Corp,
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
"Given enough time, 100 monkeys on 100 routers
could setup a national IP network." (KDW2)