Date:      Sun, 01 May 2005 22:06:50 -0500
From:      Jonathan Noack <noackjr@alumni.rice.edu>
To:        Ihsan Dogan <ihsan@dogan.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: firefox stuck in libthr or kserel!

--------------enig6DD4DF1ECDD11F751DFA8A6B

On 05/01/05 10:18, Ihsan Dogan wrote:
> On Friday, 29 Apr 2005 09:35 -0500, Craig Boston wrote:
>>>This is a problem that has been brought up on gnome@, ports@ and
>>>current@ from time to time. There are many, many sites, all heavily
>>>flash based, that exhibit this problem with any native browser to use
>>>the linux flash6 plugin. As the flash code is the linux binary, it is
>>>not likely to be there. (These sites don't hang on linux systems.)
>>
>>FWIW, I use linux-mozilla-1.7.5 and linux-flashplugin-7.0r25_1 to access
>>flash based sites with no problem.  The flash6/7 problems seem to be
>>related to using the pluginwrapper to get it to work with native
>>browsers.
>
> Can linux-mozilla and mozilla co-exist on the same machine?

Yes they can.  They install to separate places and use different
directories for configuration information.

By the way: If you are using ports than you will be told when a port
cannot be installed because it conflicts with another.  To find this out
manually, check for a CONFLICTS entry in the port Makefile.

--
Jonathan Noack | noackjr@alumni.rice.edu | OpenPGP: 0x991D8195