Date:      15 Jul 2003 17:47:35 +0100
From:      lewiz <purple@lewiz.info>
To:        Glenn Johnson <gjohnson@srrc.ars.usda.gov>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: GNOME/CUPS printing.

--=-9pm7wcXpcPzdEGs/0ebA

On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 19:50, Glenn Johnson wrote:
> > If you do have it installed then you may want to uninstall it then
> > reinstall a make world might have wiped it out.
>=20
> The cups-lpr port will install its binaries in /usr/local and is
> _not_ wiped out by a 'make world'.  You just have to remember to use
> /usr/local/bin/lpr rather than /usr/bin/lpr.  Setting the PATH so that
> /usr/local/bin comes before /usr/bin is first is an easy way to solve
> the problem.

Okay, sorry I'm so late replying here (I've been quite busy :) but I
think this may be the issue I'm having.  I've been reading through the
libgnomeprint files in /usr/X11R6/share/gnome/libgnomeprint but I don't
think I should be editing those.  Is there any way I can set a default
location to lpr (other than with symlinks or by changing the PATH), much
like, for instance, the /etc/mail/mailer.conf file works?  Thanks very
much,

  Best wishes,

-lewiz.

--=20