Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 2000 23:13:21 +1100
From:      "Andrew Reilly" <areilly@bigpond.net.au>
To:        Lanny Baron <lnb@FreeBSDsystems.COM>
Cc:        Michel Talon <michel@lpthe.jussieu.fr>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: StarOffice 5.2

On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 08:35:31PM -0500, Lanny Baron wrote:
> Are you able (assuming you're running FreeBSD) to get staroffice52 to
> browse the net? I can't. StarOffice5 no problem. Unfortunately, SUN will
> not give any tech support for FreeBSD.

Just tried it (I usually use Netscape for net stuff, SO just for
writing.)  Seemed to work fine.  Rendered slasdot OK.  It
whinged about not being online for some reason, but just went
ahead and did it when I said "OK" to the go on-line dialog.

> So if you can get it (staroffice52) to browse, would you be so kind as to
> tell me what you did to get it to work.

Sadly, I can't say what I did or have done.  My install dates
from late August, and looks like it just popped out of the ports
build process.  I have memories of fighting it, but that could
have been the time I installed it by myself, just doing the
Linux self-extracting install thing.

I'm running 4.2-BETA Nov 13 fwiw.

--
Andrew