Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 2002 19:42:12 +0200
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
To:        Eric <swive@getnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sshd error

> From: "Eric" <swive@getnet.com>
> To: <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
> Subject: sshd error
> Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 08:30:11 -0800
>
> Hi,
>
> I get the following error when I boot:
>
> "Local package initialization: squidsshd: SSH Secure Shell 3.1.2
> (non-commercial version) on i386-portbld-freebsd4.4
> June 24 20:20:53 hostname sshd:[245]: FATAL ERROR: creating listenter
> failed: port 22 probably already in use!
> sshd[245]: FATAL: creating listener failed: port 22 probably already in use!
> sshd.
> Additional TCP options.
>
> Monday June 24 20:20:59 MST 2002"
>
> [end error mesg]
>
> Could someone help me understand what is up here?

    you have installed /usr/ports/security/openssh(-portable), right?
    and didn't adjust /etc/rc.conf, getting two sshd daemons started,
    right? :)

> This all happened at 8:30 am.  The time seems to be off, huh?  "time" at
> root returns "syntax error near unexpected token".  Not sure if there is a
> relation between sshd problem and time prob.  Is this the right list for
> this prob?

    check your system time with date(1). time(1) is for timing execution
    of commands. I don't think these two problems are related.

--
FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE
7:38PM up 16:38, 4 users, load averages: 0.05, 0.02, 0.00