Date:      Tue, 1 Jul 2014 11:18:38 -0400
From:      Rick Miller <vmiller@hostileadmin.com>
To:        Vladislav Prodan <universite@ukr.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: mount root error while booting bootonly.iso

Hi Vladislav,

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 10:43 AM, Vladislav Prodan <universite@ukr.net>
wrote:

> > I have considered updating the firmware provided a newer version exists,
> > but have yet to do so.
> >
> > ### Snapshots & dmesg output
> >
> > The first snapshot shows the initial cam probe error, while the second
> > snapshot shows a number of retries. It stops after 5 failed retries.
> >
> > http://www.hostileadmin.com/images/mountroot_error_warning.png
> > http://www.hostileadmin.com/images/mountroot_error_out.png
> > http://www.hostileadmin.com/logs/dmesg.out
> >
> > Thanks!
> >

> Does not work mount ISO bootable via USB CDROM.
> See my PR # 190939.

The error you receive is slightly different, but certainly close enough to
dig deeper.  In your evaluation of the problem, did the bug's scope cover
booting to an ISO either physically or virtually?

I now also wonder how PXE loaded ISO are booted...under this scenario, is
the USB driver engaged at all?  These ISOs will ultimately be loaded via
PXE.  Initial development/testing/troubleshooting is being done via virtual
media.

--
Take care
Rick Miller