Date:      Tue, 24 Apr 2001 19:26:57 +1200
From:      David Preece <davep@afterswish.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Grief with Apache, php and mysql.

Hi, I've just built the above from the port and am getting this error:

"Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in /usr/local/www/try.php on
line 17"

So, I assume this is an install fault of some description - most likely a
fault in not compiling with the appropriate flag. I thought I selected
support for MySQL when I compiled from the port, let's look for
evidence.... Grepping in /usr/ports/www/apache13-php4/work/php for
'with-mysql' we see this line:

INSTALL:$ ./configure --with-mysql --with-apache=../apache_1.3.x
--enable-track-vars

So that gives the impression that we compiled and configured with mysql
support enabled. However, if I run the phpinfo(INFO_ALL) function, we don't
get any references to mysql at all.

I also renamed php.ini-dist to php.ini and verified that it was on the path
php was looking on (/usr/local/etc).

I can't be the first, and it must be a no-brainer of some description.
Anyone know what's going on?

Dave