Date:      Sun, 20 Feb 2000 00:37:22 -0500
From:      Kelvin Farmer <kfarmer@sympatico.ca>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.0(current) on a 486SLC2 ?

On Fri, Feb 18, 2000 at 10:24:14PM -0500, Kelvin wrote:
> Hi,
> I was wondering if its possible to run FreeBSD-4.0 on a 486 SLC2 66mhz.

I tried compiling a custom kernel without the pci device, and get the
same panic:

..
CPU: Blue Lightning CPU (486 class CPU)
     Origin="IBM"
npx0:<math processor> on motherboard
npx0:Using IRQ 13 interface

Fatal trap 12: page fault in kernel mode.
(etc)

(This seems to be a fairly differnet cpu from the SLC reported to work
by someone else as:
CPU: Cyrix 486SLC/DLC (486-class CPU)
  Origin = "CyrixInstead"  DIR=0x00ff  Stepping=0  Revision=0
npx0: <math processor> on motherboard
npx0: 387 emulator
...)

Anybody have any ideas on what to try next?
I suppose an earlier version of FreeBSD might help...?
Thanks,
Kelvin.
kfarmer@sympatico.ca