Date:      Tue, 31 Mar 2009 00:52:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      zgabe <zgabe84@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 7.1 IPv6 multihoming problem

Hi All,

I am using laptop, FreeBSD 7.1 connecting to two ISPs (wlan and ppp) and I
have IPv6 addresses. 'netstat -rn' says there is only one default gateway
(for example wlan's default gateway). My problem is the following:
If I ping the ppp tunnel from an other computer, my laptop recieves the
ICMP6 echo request over the ppp tunnel, but it answers over the wlan
interface. I read some similar posts (only ipv4) about forwarding with IPFW,
but I was unable to solve my problem until now.

I built a kernel with the following options:
options IPFIREWALL
options IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE
options IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT
options IPFIREWALL_FORWARD

and put these lines to my rc.conf
firewall_enable="YES"
firewall_type="open"

as the handbook says.

I use the following command as root:
ipfw add 101 fwd pppgateway ipv6 from pppaddress to any

(pppgateway and pppaddress ipv6 addresses)

It throws "getsockopt(IP_FW_ADD): Invalid argument" error!

I have tried to set the following variables but the problem is still the
same.
sysctl -w net.inet.ip.forwarding=1 and
sysctl -w net.inet6.ip6.forwarding=1

Can anybody help me?