Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 1999 19:05:44 +0200 (CEST)
From:      kuehl@lgk.de
To:        paul@originative.co.uk
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, jkh@zippy.cdrom.com
Subject:   RE: More of my totally ineffective PR efforts in action. :-)

On 14-Apr-99 paul@originative.co.uk wrote:
> [...]

No. It is a splendid marketting goal, because

        1. it defines a clear direction.
        2. there are many people out who'd be very keen on
           having a real Server OS on their desktop boxes.
        3. this way FreeBSD does not appear to be threatening
           established user environments.

> We don't genuinely believe that Linux or NT are better desktop boxes do we?

We do genuinely believe that FreeBSD is a better Server OS than
Linux and NT are, don't we?

My deep respect for this well-aimed PR effort!

        Lars

Lars Gerhard Kuehl	Phone: +49 40 54768010	Mobile: +49 171 9307085
			Fax  : +49 40 54768012	Email : kuehl@lgk.de
#ifdef is your friend, and everyone's else enemy
#endif /* is your friend */