Date:      Sun, 22 Oct 1995 23:28:54 -0400
From:      dennis@etinc.com (dennis)
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Bragging rights..

Jordan spouts...

>I think we're arguing at cross purposes.  I'm talking about what the
end-user wants and
>you're telling me what they SHOULD want and, in Dennis's ideal world, would
want.  Sorry,
>but you clearly haven't been a user in nearly long enough to have informed
opinions about
>that anymore - you have a high speed sync serial "hammer" and now you
insist that
>everything looks like a nail.

You're just wrong about everything. I think that its pretty funny that you
think that you have more perspective
than I do. The only perspective that you have thats better than mine is that
you seem to be poor....and yes,
I don't remember that very well. I am a user, and  I've been a user more
than anyone, and I've also been in
the market and seen what my customers are doing. I dial-up from home, and I
maintain the router at ET. People buy what is presented to them....if they
understood the choices they would
buy sync 128k. But they don't understand the choices so they buy whats
cheap. They don't understand
the choices and neither do the ISPs. Datacomm in this country is a freaking
mess........Anyone wants to
be an ISP on LI give me a call....

Dennis
Emerging Technologies, Inc.      http://www.etinc.com

Synchronous Communications Cards and Routers For
Discriminating Tastes. 56k to T1 and beyond. Frame
Relay, PPP, HDLC, and X.25