Date:      Thu, 8 Feb 2007 19:56:56 +0530
From:      "Joseph Koshy" <joseph.koshy@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   New tutorial: "libelf by Example"

Folks,

I've put up a draft of a tutorial introduction to the
ELF(3)/GELF(3) API in FreeBSD -current at the following
  http://people.freebsd.org/~jkoshy/download/libelf/article.html

Your comments (on the content, style, figures, etc., etc.)
are solicited.

The original DocBook/SGML source to the tutorial may be
viewed at:

http://perforce.freebsd.org/depotTreeBrowser.cgi?FSPC=//depot/user/jkoshy/projects/libbsdelf/doc/...

The figures in the tutorial have been drawn using
Metapost (which is part of the teTeX package and
thus part of our documentation toolchain).

There is a little bit of ugliness with respect to the
way <co> elements get numbered and rendered.  Using
<coref> elements could solve this problem, but <coref>
is not part of DocBook v4.1.  We'll need to bring in
DocBook v4.5 and update our freebsd.dsl macros to
cope.

--
FreeBSD Volunteer,     http://people.freebsd.org/~jkoshy