Date:      Sun, 3 Jan 1999 22:13:24 +0300
From:      "Dan Sh." <daktaklakpak@prontomail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   mount & mount_cd9660 help needed!

Hello!

Please, excuse me my poor English.
Here is my problem:

First I got FreeBSD v.2.2.6
I need to mount my IDE CD-ROM, so I give a command:
# mount /cdrom
or
# mount -t cd9660 /dev/wcd0c /cdrom
or the same with mount_cd9660 (except of option -t of course)
And every try I get an answer:
(mount_)cd9660: /dev/wcd0c: Invalid argument

After this I cut some code from sysinstall (where it mounts CD) and compile
my little program. It uses system call mount(2) with same arguments
/dev/wcd0c and /cdrom - and it worked!

And finally, I got v2.2.8 source and built it (P75, 32M, 7 hours) and tried
to mount CD with all the same system tools (mount and mount_cd9660 - the
result was the same : Invalid argument).

Terrible, but my little program now did not work (and sysinstal also do not
mount CD-ROM) - mount(2) returns error condition (EINVAL).

Please help me if you can with these 'Invalid argument'

Thank you!
Dan Shebunin

P.S. Please answer to daktaklakpak@prontomail.com