Date:      Tue, 9 Jan 2007 17:01:14 +0530
From:      "Joseph Koshy" <joseph.koshy@gmail.com>
To:        "Sameer Kunwar" <sameer@sussol.net>
Cc:        www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: General query on Networking

> I'm not able to configure ip-address in freebsd,where is
> the place to put gateway IP.I can put DNS in
> /etc/resolv.conf.I've put something in /etc/rc.conf.But
> that confuse me.I can easily put ip in linux.It'll be good
> if you solve my problem in FreeBsd so that i can use FreeBSd.

Well first off you are asking on the wrong list.  -www
is for reaching the maintainers of the FreeBSD website.

You should try -questions for general queries about
FreeBSD.

That said, have you read the Advanced Networking section
of the Handbook?

  Chapter 27 Advanced Networking
  http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/advanced-networking.html

And a quick Google query revealed the following:

  Newbie Success Story - FreeBSD LAN/WAN Gateway Setup
  http://unix.derkeiler.com/Mailing-Lists/FreeBSD/newbies/2004-07/0099.html

--
FreeBSD Volunteer,     http://people.freebsd.org/~jkoshy/