Date:      Thu, 29 May 2014 17:22:13 -0400
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>
To:        Joseph Mingrone <jrm@ftfl.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkg/poudriere: unwanted dependencies

Joseph Mingrone <jrm@ftfl.ca> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> I did a nullfs mount of /var/db/ports on
> /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/options, created
> /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/make.conf (shown below), then I fed the
> output of portmaster --list-origins | sort -d >
> /usr/local/etc/poudriere-list to poudriere bulk.  After doing a pkg
> upgrade with the newly-created poudriere repo configured, pkg still
> wants to install things like perl-5.16 and hal despite my configured
> ports not depending on hal or perl-5.16.  Am I missing something?

Are you sure those ports aren't dependencies of something your intended
ports depend on? It's easy enough to check; just look for perl as a
"deps" entry in the rest of your packages (or if you already have them
installed after a "pkg upgrade", just ask pkg by trying to delete perl).

Sorry if I'm stating what was already obvious to you, but I don't have
an easy way of trying to reproduce the problem. It must be a pretty
barebones machine to not need perl; even my headless machines need it
for *something*.