Date:      Wed, 18 Mar 1998 22:16:06 -0800 ()
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@qcsn.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hi

Sue Blake said:

> Don't worry about being flooded by mail. It's going to take a while for
> newbies to pluck up the courage to join and then I bet most of them will be
> too chicken to speak up and say hello for a while :-)

	Well, as a newbie to FreeBSD, I'll be saying hello to y'all! :) I

> Some people have been talking about how to read documents like the handbook
> and FAQ under windoze before installing. I dragged them into a good text
> editor and spent hours reformatting, but I'm sure that's not the best method
> (I usually pick the hardest method for everything. One day I'll learn!). How
> did you read the stuff that's on the CD?

	Speaking of reading manuals, anyone know of a good, step-by-step
FreeBSD Installation guide? I've looked over Freebsd.org again and again,
and have yet to find something like this. Being of that type that seems to
be eternally poor, *grin* certain pieces of my hardware are stripped from
where I could get them, for instance, an old 3-com Etherlink II card. It
took me over four hours to figure out that I needed to do a custom
installtion because FreeBSD was looking for the card on IRQ5, not IRQ9. It
would help a bit, as I don't like to bug Rod over trivial stuff like that.
:)

					Rick Hamell