Date:      Thu, 27 Dec 2007 23:42:29 +0800
From:      Erich Dollansky <oceanare@pacific.net.sg>
To:        "Heiko Wundram (Beenic)" <wundram@beenic.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OT: C++ Template Functions

Hi,

Heiko Wundram (Beenic) wrote:

> The problem is most probably related to the fact that the group of member
> functions is only discriminated by return type (i.e., the template parameter
> defines the return type), not by parameter (which could be inferred).

if nothing got changed over the last years, it is not possible to do
this by definition.

When I needed this the last time, I used a enum as an additonal
parameter to achieve this.

I know, it is not perfect, but it leads to what I intended.

It should work here too. I know, it is not the prefect solution.

Erich