Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 2000 15:51:57 +0800
From:      Trent Nelson <tpnelson@echidna.stu.cowan.edu.au>
To:        Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.inka.de>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -Current + X 4.0.1 = mouse problems

Christian Weisgerber wrote:

> Doug Barton <DougB@gorean.org> wrote:
>
> >       Previously I had X + moused working just fine, so I had the best
> > of both worlds. With X 4.0.1 if I use moused I get no response from the
> > mouse in X at all.
>
> Make sure you use
>
>         Option      "Protocol" "MouseSystems"
>
> Protocol "Auto" is not reliable.

	I had XFree86 4.0.1 lock my system up completely if the options "auto"
& "/dev/sysmouse" were present - the screen would go blank, no keyboard
or mouse response, and a hard reboot was required to get out of it. This
is running a reasonably recent 5.0-CURRENT and I actually thought it may
have something to do with resource locks as X worked fine if I used
"auto" & "/dev/psm0" without `moused' present.

	Your suggestion has everything working fine now, though. Much
appreciated.

	Regards,

		Trent.