Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2002 01:07:41 -0800
From:      Michael & Marilynn Endsley <mandm@alaska.com>
To:        Alexander V Zubchenko <stalker@hermes-comp.zp.ua>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: lockup during probe (again?)

--=======39B53935=======

Thank-you Alexander for your help.
I found that the problem was in fact the
Actiontec modem. I held the "ctrl-f2" key
down while the kernel was loading and it
locked-up on that device. I removed that and
FreeBSD probed everything else and finally
brought up the /stand/sysinstall screen for
installation.
I guess I didn't emphasize the "1st blue screen"
enough. Kernel loaded, it was while the probing
devices screen was showing that the lock-up
happened. btw, no keys were functioning while
the machine was locked-up...just a cold re-boot.
Again, thanks for helping :)
Mike

ps I am cc'ing this to the group for information about
the Actiontec modem.
At 09:49 AM 6/18/02 +0300, you wrote:

>Greetings!
>
>On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Michael & Marilynn Endsley wrote:
>
> > Sorry, but all the screen showed was the 1st blue screen
> > saying "probing for devices, this may take a while"
>This is not first screen. Kernel is successfully loaded. So, this is
>mayb even not a hardware problem. Try to press pause after kernel
>sysinstall(8) nothing was provided about it's startup. Also check your
>floppies and images. Look through fbsd faq (q1.12). If this is
>possible check install process on other machine.
>
>Hope this help, reply with results.
>

>Alexander V Zubchenko,          E-Mail: stalker@hermes-comp.zp.ua
>System Administrator,           WWW: http://www.hermes-comp.zp.ua/
>Hermes-comp,