Date:      Mon, 22 May 2000 09:25:26 +0200
From:      Sebastien ROCHE <sr@sxb.bsf.alcatel.fr>
To:        Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
Cc:        Chris Richards <crichard-freebsd@wso.williams.edu>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fall down, go BOOM

--------------FFE3C69CBBFCE38E9E3124CE

Couldn't it be due to a lack of available processes (the limit is related
to the maximum users allowed) ?

Seb

Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group wrote:

> In message <20000520020410.A306@student-00cdr.williams.edu>, Chris
> Richards wri
> tes:
> > Minutes ago, I heard a sudden, brief surge in disk activity, and then
> > the machine froze.  (No switching consoles, even, so if there was a
> > helpful message from the kernel I couldn't see it.)  The only thing I
> > was doing was compiling a particular SML program, which I've done
> > plenty of times before.  Relevant logs are appended.  Does this look
> > like an out-of-memory situation?  Can OOM cause processes to get a
> > SIGILL?
> [messages edited]
>
> Looks like you might have a hardware problem -- CPU, cache, or memory.
>
> Regards,                       Phone:  (250)387-8437
> Cy Schubert                      Fax:  (250)387-5766
> Team Leader, Sun/DEC Team   Internet:  Cy.Schubert@osg.gov.bc.ca
> Open Systems Group, ITSD, ISTA
> Province of BC

Sebastien ROCHE , Software Engineer
ATLINKS   1 , rte Albert Schweitzer   67408 ILLKIRCH CEDEX
Tel: 03 90 67 67 90 , poste 74042     Email : sr@sxb.bsf.alcatel.fr

--------------FFE3C69CBBFCE38E9E3124CE

&nbsp;
to the maximum users allowed) ?
Chris
then
was a
thing I
this look
get a
Phone:&nbsp; (250)387-8437
Fax:&nbsp; (250)387-5766

<pre>--&nbsp;
Sebastien ROCHE , Software Engineer
ATLINKS&nbsp;&nbsp; 1 , rte Albert Schweitzer&nbsp;&nbsp; 67408 ILLKIRCH CEDEX
Tel: 03 90 67 67 90 , poste 74042&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Email : sr@sxb.bsf.alcatel.fr</pre>
&nbsp;</html>