Date:      Sun, 11 Feb 2001 21:55:25 -0500
From:      Barney Wolff <barney@pit.databus.com>
To:        "Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH" <allbery@ece.cmu.edu>
Cc:        Barney Wolff <barney@pit.databus.com>, Blaz Zupan <blaz@amis.net>, Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>, Andrew.Hodgkins@hurlburt.af.mil, kstewart@urx.com, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RE: Proposed makewhatis perl script fix

If it's any comfort, I just noticed that Openssh 2.3.0 installed
on an Irix system does the same thing, so at least it's not
something FreeBSD did to it.

I agree that the openssh behavior should be changed, but luckily
the error message is likely to be just cosmetic unless the pipe
writer does something destructive on EPIPE.

Barney