Date:      Tue, 2 Jan 1996 14:18:18 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@render.com>
To:        Thomas Graichen <graichen@omega.physik.fu-berlin.de>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bmaked libg++-2.7.1

On Mon, 1 Jan 1996, Thomas Graichen wrote:

> hasn't Doug Rabson said ? ...
>
> ... and _please_ send all the changes required to compile gcc and
> libg++ directly from FSF back to the FSF - so that the next version
> would compile out of the box (without a dozen of patches to get g++
> working correctly) - i think things like enabled weak symbols in the
> freebsd.h config file of the vanilla FSF distribution while the
> FreeBSD as doesn't suppoert weak symbols are very bad - it would be
> much better if we would send all the changes required we find back to
> the FSF so that you can also compile any new gcc out of the box
> without aplying a dozen of _old_ patches

Well I was only really interested in libg++ and there were no patches
required for it to work.  Actually there is probably one which should be
made in the regex stuff.

Does anyone know how many different versions of regex we have in our
tree?  Quite a few, it seems.

--
Doug Rabson, Microsoft RenderMorphics Ltd.	Mail:  dfr@render.com
						Phone: +44 171 251 4411