Date:       Sun, 14 Jan 1996 22:42:00 -0500
From:      "bo (b.) xiao" <xiao@bnr.ca>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:    New ports: morphine and xmorph

Hi,

I have uploaded ports of morphine-1.0 and xmorph-14nov95
to /pub/FreeBSD/incoming under morphine-1.0.port.tgz and
xmorph-14nov95.port.tgz respectively. Could someone try
them out? Our firewall prevents me from testing the ftp
part so I might have problem there.

For users' viewpoint, morphine handles gif but you need to
supply a 'job-description' file; xmorph comes with a GUI but
it speaks only Targa. You just can not have the best of both
worlds! Both run under x11.

Internally, I dont know the differences to be honest. I
suspect they use different algorithms but I could be wrong.
Once I finish reading morph_intro.ps and warping.ps(both
from the net), I may be able say something more definitive.

I am also looking at a third package, morph-4.2. A port
will follow if it is worthwhile.

Bo Xiao    Bell Northern Research Ltd., Ottawa, ON., Canada
xiao@bnr.ca | 613-763-4434 |  Opinions are mine, not BNR's.