Date:      Tue, 28 Apr 1998 11:55:27 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Martin Machacek <martin@eunet.cz>
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: doscmd problem

> I'm trying to make doscmd running on my FreeBSD 3.0 (cvsuped and world made on
> March 20). I've very closely followed the example on the doscmd's manpage.
> I've created minimalisitic /etc/doscmdrc saying:
>
> X11_FONT=fixed
> assign A: /dev/rfd0.1440 1440
> assign A: /dev/rfd0.720 720

You should probably only have one of these.

> assign hard /u/doscmd/disk_c 30
>
> I've touched the /u/doscmd/disk_c file and made it world readable and
> writable.

I would normally not use a BIOS harddisk emulation, just due to
nuisance value.  Instead, try:

boot a:
assign a: /u/doscmd/bootimage
assign c: /

Put the 'instbsdi.com' file on your boot floppy, add it to the
autoexec.bat script, and then dd the floppy image off to the bootimage
file.  This will give you drive c: rooted at the top of your filesystem.