Date:      Sun, 25 Jun 2000 19:29:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Garance A Drosehn <gad@santropez.acs.rpi.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Cc:        gad@eclipse.acs.rpi.edu

>Number:         19507
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       Mailing-list search at www.freebsd.org reports the wrong dates
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:

	In the mailing-list search area, pick some keywords likely to
	get a recent topic.  The combination I picked was:
	      SMP instability Matt development
	and I checked the box for "freebsd-current" and unchecked the
	one for "freebsd-questions".  Then, "Submit Query".

	If it works for you like it worked for me, you will get a list
	of at least 25 messages.  The top message will (hopefully) be
	from Matt Dillon.  In the listing of matched-messages, it will
	probably have a somewhat plausible date (I see "-6-2000").

	However, look at other messages in the list.  There are messages
	with the exact same subject ("HEADS UP: Destabilization..."),
	and they are listed has having happened in Sept 1997, May 1998,
	Mar 1999, and other obviously wrong dates.  If you click on one
	of the messages, the message itself looks fine (ie, there is no
	reference to the date-listed in the message itself).  It looks
	like that in some cases (all y2k messages?), the message is
	listed with the date of the previous message in the list.

>How-To-Repeat:

	See above.

>Fix:

	I do not have the slightest idea of where to start looking...
	I might not mind looking into it, if I knew where to look.