Date:      Tue, 11 Jan 2000 12:00:53 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dell PowerEdge 2400 & RCC PCI chipset?

We're thinking of purchasing some Dell PowerEdge 2400 servers.  I'm a
bit nervous because the 2400 uses a non-Intel server chipset made by a
company called RCC Reliance.

The chipset is called the "LE-64 ver 3.0".  and I cannot seem to find
any info about it.  The most I've been able to turn up is somebody
else looking for info.  I was wondering if anybody was currently using
a PowerEdge 2400 (or any other server products with this PCI chipset)
with FreeBSD

So -- does FreeBSD work with RCC chipsets?  Is the chipset robust &
reliable?  We've been badly burned a few times by buggy DEC PCI
chipsets & we're hoping to not repeat the experience with an x86 ;-)

Thanks,

Drew