Date:      Sun, 25 Nov 2001 12:56:48 +0100
From:      Guido van Rooij <guido@gvr.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        najib_ninaba@yahoo.com, Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pccard kernel config for OmniBook 500

On Thu, Nov 22, 2001 at 01:13:44PM -0700, Warner Losh wrote:
> : I've tried the below-mentioned line without any success. It boots up
> : normally but still freezes at the point when I plug in my aironet 350
> : card or ibm modem card. Any other leads?
>
> Try -stable, if you aren't already, otherwise no.  If I had acess to
> one of these beasts, then maybe I could figure out the problem...

I have access to one now. I have the exact same symptoms with a freshly
installed 4.4-release. It will not even mount a disk when not
using it in polling mode. init_routing=1 also does not seem to make
an effect. The very moment a card is inserted, the machine freezes.
But not solidly! I can go to DDB.
Problem is that I do not have a docking station and thus no serial port
so I cannot use remote gdb on it.

a trace gives that it was in doreti() and eip=0xc029dc70 which is the entry
point of doreti()

What is really funny is that my notebook automatically suspended to disk
(hibernate) during this debugging due to a low battery. When it
came back, the hang was over!?

In fact, after that I could insert other cards as well.
I tried some more and when the system hangs, pressing the suspend
key (either normal suspend or hibernate) does not work anymore.
I also tried rebooting a machine and do a normal suspend after which
I inserted the card. That does not work either.

If the card was already inserted at boot time the system does not
hang, and the card is correctly seen. However, in that case, removal
of the card hangs the machine.

If I hybernate the system and afterwards insert a card it also hangs.

If I could help in anyway debugging this problem I'd surely like to.

-Guido