Date:      Mon, 09 Dec 2002 19:00:07 +0000
From:      "Rhys John" <elite_bizkit@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Xine Problems

I have just started using Xine on FreeBSD 4.7 and have come across a few
problems. Before I continue here is a basic spec of my system:

AMD AthlonXP 2100+
512MB DDR RAM
40GB HDD
ATI Radeon 64 VIVO

The first issue is that Xine fails to minimise properly. When minimised the
last frame that Xine played in the video window remains on the desktop. This
large square takes up most of the screen and is on top of everything, so
anything underneath cannot be seen. I have this same problem in both KDE3
and fluxbox. When closing Xine however, the window disappears and the
desktop can be seen again.

The second issue is that Xine occasionally cashes, the whole program just
locks up. It hasn’t locked up recently so I can’t give you any more details,
if it happens again (which it probably will) I’ll email a description of
what I did.

If anyone has any suggestions on this issue including solutions, ideas or
anything that may help please email back, thanks in advance,

- BiZKiT