Date:      Sun, 6 Jun 2004 19:47:19 +0200
From:      Rene de Vries <rene@canyon.xs4all.nl>
To:        "Mitch (bitblock)" <mitch@bitblock.com>
Cc:        'Joe Hamelin' <joe@nethead.com>
Subject:   Re: 2 adsl connections load balancing with natd/ipfw

Mitch,

Why so complicated.

Simply start two different natd instances one for each ADSL line. Make=20=

one of the ADSL lines the default route. Then based on the source=20
address (just modified by natd) fast-route traffic which tries to leave=20=

via the default route over the wrong interface to the other interface's=20=

next hop (using ipfw).

You could apply various methods of determining over which ADSL line the=20=

traffic will leave, e.g. source port, source address, dest address=20
etc...

This solution doesn't require provider assistance and would even work=20
when you have two different providers.

Ren=E9