Date:      Sat, 3 Jul 2004 22:02:12 -0400
From:      Andrew J Caines <A.J.Caines@halplant.com>
To:        Razor Users <Razor-Users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD ports <FreeBSD-Ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: [Razor-users] Release candidate: razor-agents 2.61

Vipul,

> If some of you would try it out and confirm it works, I'll
> do a real release.

While I can't compare the relative efficiency with 2.40, razor-check
correctly identified all the recent spam I tested (which is not a fair
efficiency test since it's all old) and submission appears to be working
fine.

The new engine appears to be picked up and working:

Jul 03 21:49:53.791125 check[32078]: [ 8] Computed supported_engines: 4 8

This is running on FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE with Perl 5.8.4 from ports, with a
trivially modified mail/razor-agents port[1]. The port presumes you have
razor-agents-2.61-beta.tar.gz (nb. no -beta) in distfiles.

[1] http://halplant.com:88/software/FreeBSD/ports/razor-agents-2.61.tar
    http://halplant.com:88/software/FreeBSD/ports/razor-agents-2.61.diff
    http://halplant.com:88/software/FreeBSD/packages/razor-agents-2.61.tgz

-Andrew-
| -Andrew J. Caines-   Unix Systems Engineer   A.J.Caines@halplant.com  |
| "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary |
|  safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin, 1759 |