Date:      Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:57:37 -0700
From:      "john" <john@1100tech.com>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   UFS2 and =?utf-8?b?RnJlZUJTROKAmXM=?= apparent 2 terabyte logical volume limit

Good afternoon
=09I seem to have run into a problem with UFS2/gvinum/FreeBSD 5.4/various=
 disk
utilities =E2=80=93 try as I might I can=E2=80=99t create anything larger=
 than 2
terabytes.

I think I must be missing something, because I have a hard time believing=

FreeBSD still has this limit after going through and fixing the 1 terabyt=
limit with UFS1.  Large disks are getting very cheap putting 2 TB in a lo=
of people=E2=80=99s hands, so if this hasn=E2=80=99t been fixed until now=
, does anyone
know of a timetable for when it will be fixed? Is anyone actively working=
 on
this project?  I=E2=80=99d really rather not use Linux, but at least it s=
upports
2+ TB easily.  What am I doing wrong or what=E2=80=99s the secret?

~John