Date:      Mon, 17 Apr 2006 20:00:57 +0200
From:      Marcin Koziej <creep@desk.pl>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Acpi thermal/powerd not keeping up.

Hello,

I use STABLE with acpi_perf and powernow module on Athlon64 cpu with
Cool`n'Quiet. I have two problems I'd like to ask advice for:

1. Is there a way to improve time frequency of temp zones' temperature
info ? On heavy load I can get over 10 deg. jump with which powerd
cannot keep up (I use patched version which tries to use passive cooling
(drop cpu freq) when temperature is too high).

2. If I start the system after overheating shutdown, the system heats up
again, because the passive cooling can only start after the kernel has
boot'ed. If the partitions are fsck'ed, it can get even worse.

Thoughts appreciated,

m.