Date:      Mon, 20 Feb 2006 15:36:47 -0900 (AKST)
From:      Mike Tibor <tibor@tibor.org>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   ADSM/TSM on FreeBSD-6.0

On FreeBSD 4.x I used the old SCO client to back up my FreeBSD boxes,
which worked great for my needs.  However, I just installed my first
FreeBSD 6.0 box, and have having some problems making it work.  Here's
what I get:

mtibor@mailxf$ /usr/adsm/dsmc
Abort trap: 6

Doing a kldstat verifies that ibcs2.ko and ibcs2_coff.ko are both loaded.

I've also tried the Linux client and although I can get to the "tsm>"
prompt, if I try to execute an incremental backup I get the following
error:

   ANS1030E The operating system refused a TSM request for memory
   allocation.

I do have linux.ko and linprocfs.ko loaded, and /proc mounted as linprocfs
(not sure if I need that though).

Is there something about FreeBSD 6 that breaks the (admittedly ancient)
SCO ADSM client?  Any pointers on how to get the Linux client to work?

Thanks in advance,
Mike