Date:      Sun, 4 Jun 2006 03:05:23 GMT
From:      Matt Jacob <mjacob@FreeBSD.org>
To:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   changes to cam_xpt to support sequential scanning (!parallel)

One solution that Scott suggested to some of the negotiation issues for
the MPT was to not do parallel problem, i.e., all targets in parallel.

The patch at http://people.freebsd.org/~mjacob/CAM_PATCHES_FOR_SEQSCAN

does just that and I've had quite good success with it so far. I add
a new flat, PIM_SEQSCAN, which cases xpt_scan_bus to *not* scan all
targets in parallel but rather to scan them sequentially.

Comments?

The code also does some cleanups under failure conditions.

After a bit more testing I'd like to put this in if there are no
objections so I can get the mpt U320 stuff off my back for a while.