Date:      Sun, 15 Jul 2007 15:02:56 -0400
From:      "Jean Raby" <raby.jean@gmail.com>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   firefox - package install with sudo

Hello,

I just installed 6.2 STABLE (june snap), and I'm installing some
software I need.
I noticed that when installing firefox as a normal user, with sudo
(sudo pkg_add -vr firefox)
I can run firefox as root, but not as the normal user which ran the
above command.

It seems like the installation creates an *empty* directory (.mozilla)
in the home of the user which ran the pkg_add command.

Is it a known behavior?
Maybe i should install packages as root, with its environment, but still,
I think it is weird that a package would create a directory in the
home of the installing user, at installation time.

Thanks.

--
Jean