Date:      Sun, 28 Aug 2011 09:42:04 +0930
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: best way to get distfiles added to ports.tgz during make release

On 28/08/2011, at 1:09, Aryeh Friedman wrote:
> I have made a custom install USB drive from R/cdrom/dvd1 and pkg_add =
works
> fine for everything but xorg/nvidia-driver so part of the post install
> script I made is "portmaster xorg/nvidia-driver" the only problem is =
it then
> needs to fetch the distfiles (the target install machine{s) will not =
have
> nic's attached)... so my questoin is whats the best way to make it so =
when
> sysinstall unpacks ./8.2-NHK_KIOSK/ports/ports.tgz that the distfiles =
are
> also unpacked?

I would suggest that you don't use ports :)

If you want it all ready to go then build all the packages you want and =
add then in a script.

Alternatively you can do what I do, and create a chroot, build all the =
ports you want, then tar it up and splat it onto the destination disk =
after a minimal install.

That way you can tweak to your hearts content and it is considerably =
faster than pkg_add.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum