Date:      Tue, 28 May 2013 02:35:50 -0700
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        Patrick Proniewski <patpro@patpro.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: half-mini PCIe wifi card and hostpad mode?

Hi,

I have no plans to backport anything. If someone wants to take charge
of backporting net80211 and wifi drivers from head, be my guest. :)

adrian

On 22 May 2013 22:20, Patrick Proniewski <patpro@patpro.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thank you. Glad to read that ath is not as limited as its man page says. =
Upgrading to HEAD is not really on my roadmap for now, I would rather wait =
for a back port if it's a matter of mouths.

> regards,
> Patrick
>
> On 23 mai 2013, at 01:57, Adrian Chadd wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> AR9280 and AR9285 work on freebsd-9, but there's been a lot of work in
>> -HEAD to improve features and stability.
>>
>> Please consider updating to -HEAD.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

>> Adrian
>>
>> On 22 May 2013 13:34, Patrick Proniewski <patpro@patpro.net> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm not sure if it's the right mailing list for this question, but as m=
ini PCIe wifi cards are mostly used in mobile computers, I give it a try:

>>> I'm looking for a half mini PCIe wifi card supporting hostapd mode. I m=
ight be wrong, but it appears that only Atheros chipset can be used with ho=
stpad. I've found many recent Atheros based half mini PCIe wifi cards, but =
according to `man ath` on FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE-p2 they are not supported:

>>> Atheros AR5B95 AR9285 802.11B/G/N Half Mini PCI-E Card
>>> Atheros AR5B93 WiFi 802.11n draft Wireless Half Mini PCI-E Card
>>> Atheros AR5BHB92-H AR9280 802.11 b/g/n Wireless PCIe Half Size Mini Car=
>>>
>>> It would be great if someone could give some pointers to half mini PCIe=
 WIFI cards working in hostapd mode on FreeBSD 9.1.

>>> Regards,
>>> Patrick