Date:      Sun, 10 Apr 2016 08:00:50 +0000
From:      Wafa Hamzah <wafah@mellanox.com>
To:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Meny Yossefi <menyy@mellanox.com>, Yuval Bason <yuvalba@mellanox.com>
Subject:   Create socket to send and receive arp packets - Freebsd

Hi,

We are trying to send arp requests from user space using a RAW socket.
Our Linux reference suggest the following flags when creating the socket: s=
  =3D socket (PF_PACKET, SOCK_PACKET, htons(ETH_P_ARP))).
For FreeBSD support, we replaced PF_PACKET with PF_ARP , SOCK_PACKET with S=
OCK_RAW and htons(ETH_P_ARP) with  ETHERTYPE_ARP Which resulted in a failur=
e to create the socket (the return code was -1).

Please advise,

Wafa Hamzah
SW engineer, FreeBSD verification