Date:      Sun, 2 Apr 1995 08:20:10 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Pritchard <pritc003@maroon.tc.umn.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Soundblaster 16 control program

To answer my own question, yes there is a soundblaster (and probably
any other sound device that has an interface to /dev/mixer) control program.
It is called /usr/sbin/mixer.  I probably would have found much sooner if it
had a man page, since I greped/looked through all of the man pages before
posting my previous message.  I only ran across the /usr/sbin/mixer program
by accident while looking for something else.  Grr.
--
Mike Pritchard
pritc003@maroon.tc.umn.edu