Date:      Sun, 20 Apr 1997 09:51:40 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bt848 and aliasing effects

Amancio Hasty:
 |Had a chance to check out the WinCast on my Win95 box and it looked
 |really good at resolutions less than 320x240. Not sure if the program
 |is displaying only odd or even frames.
 |
 |So after I wrap up my chances to the clip code I will look into it.
 |It shouldn't be too difficult to check out the code which does the
 |scaling.

I've mailed this out before but I think it might have gotten missed.  In
fxtv, search down for "ODD" and uncomment that if statement:

    /*
    if ( geom.rows <= c->height_max / 2 )
        geom.oformat |= METEOR_GEO_ODD_ONLY;
    */

You'll be much happier with the results.  Text is much more readable and
aliasing artifacts pretty well go away.  I'm going to roll this in as the
default in the next version.

Randy