Date:      Sun, 20 Sep 1998 10:40:45 +0100 (BST)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
To:        Gary Palmer <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Thomas Valentino Crimi <tcrimi+@andrew.cmu.edu>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Current AS200 state

On Sat, 19 Sep 1998, Gary Palmer wrote:

> Doug Rabson wrote in message ID
> <Pine.BSF.4.01.9809191622150.392-100000@herring.nlsystems.com>:
> > Neither of these things are on my near-term todo list - I'm still
> > struggling hard with 'make release' :-).  If you want to tackle either of
> > these jobs (or anything else on my whiteboard for that matter) then please
> > go ahead and don't hesitate to contact me with questions if you don't
> > understand anything.
>
> I had make release working for Alpha before the i386 elf/perl5 changes
> went in and now I have conflicts all over the place. If the machines at
> work ever let me get a good nights sleep sometime soon I'll resolve
> those conflicts and start compiling again.

The build basically works (as long as you edit release/Makefile to use
'-O' instead of '-O2') but I have make faulting sometimes when its trying
to build the dists.  I have it in the debugger now (it took all day tp
catch it) so I expect to be able to fix it today.

--
Doug Rabson				Mail:  dfr@nlsystems.com
					Fax:   +44 181 381 1039