Date:      Sun, 5 Apr 1998 10:43:22 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Blaz Zupan <blaz@gold.amis.net>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@Informatik.BA-Stuttgart.DE>, freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i4b-L1-F_ill:What is this? (fwd)

> I think this is related to the "the-phone-must-work-in-an-emegency-
> phantom-power".  Depending on your telco and the phase of the moon,
> the NT will aggressively try to shut down everybody on the bus who
> might be using power, to reduce the load on the telcos power bill.
> I belive the danish version of the Siemens NT act differently in
> this respect if you don't plug in the powercord to the NT.

Hmmm. I *did* reprogram my NT from the defaults. On my Ascom NT you need
to select which port will be active when there is no power (ie when the NT
is powered from the switch). The default is the S0 bus. But as I don't
have any phones on the S0 bus I selected one of the analog ports as the
"default" port. This could be related. I can try reprograming the NT to
the default and then run some time with that or try to unplug the
powercord from the NT and see what happens.

Blaz Zupan, blaz@medinet.si, http://home.amis.net/blaz
Medinet d.o.o., Linhartova 21, 2000 Maribor, Slovenia