Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 2000 15:30:14 GMT
From:      charlie@infoworks.net
To:        Christian Ambrose <caa85@home.com>
Cc:        Rebecca Visger <rvisger@sjmarketing.com>, freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Any artists interested in doing a FreeBSD animated GIF

(Sorry about the mailer... my company has just switched to Lotus Notes.)  I
think the URL is unnecessary, as they can visit the site by clicking on the
banner.  If I'm interested in someone's banner ad, and I know the URL, I
can just make a mental note to visit there later.   Knowing where the URL
leads takes away the 'sense of urgency' that tells me I have to click
through RIGHT NOW!  Also, the extra real estate you'd get by removing the
URL could be used, as Christian suggests, to make the 'It's Free!' more
prominent.

In any case, it's very impressive and professional looking, and I think
you've done a great job with it.

-Charlie

                    Christian Ambrose
                    <caa85@home.com>                To:     Rebecca Visger <rvisger@sjmarketing.com>,
                    Sent by:                        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
                    owner-freebsd-advocacy@F        cc:
                    reeBSD.ORG                      Subject:     Re: Any artists interested in doing
                                                    a FreeBSD animated GIF

                    11/23/00 01:24 AM

That is really cool, but the "it's free!" part may be a little too
subtle.  On a banner ad, a person (at least I do) seems to stop
looking after the first few points have been made.
Just my two cents.