Date:      Sun, 2 Jul 2000 01:04:17 -0700
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cristjc@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Looking at for Cheap Boxes

I'm in the market for a couple of cheap IBM-compatible boxes. I'm sick
of rebooting to change OSs. I just ran into these guys who are selling
what looks like the kind of thing I'm interested in,

  http://www.deepspacetech.com/Hardware/systems.htm

That is, ol' Pentium systems for $50 or so. Hmmm... Old NextStep
systems being sold by a company in MD. Can you said Fed Gov't surplus?

From what I see, it looks good, Pentiums, SCSI card is well
supported, but I wonder about this "Cogent e+" LAN combo. All I have
been able to guess at is that it _might_ be using a DEC chipset (on a
DEC machine, hard to believe), but which one and if it is widely
supported, I dunno. Anyone know what that is? And does "combo" mean
UTP, BNC, and AUI (or some pairing)?

On the other hand, if there are any of you in the Bay Area who are
trying to dump old Pentiums or even 486s, let me know. I'd be happy to
take a couple off your hands.