Date:      Sun, 6 May 2001 19:05:22 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Jesus Rodriguez <jesus.rodriguez@es.tiscali.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Cc:        qguillermo@arrakis.es
Subject:   Linux application fails in semop

I have a number of applications made in a business basic  4GL generator
that run in linux emulation (the Run Time manufacturer has no Fbsd port
- and due to the answers to my questions I think they will never port
it-). All is working fine but.. there is a called "Ghost Tasks" that use
share memory and semaphores... this utilities hang when I try to
"invoke" them.

Doing some tracing  I've found a pair of clues:
The first time the application is invoked in a  "just-booted" system it
shows a:
"LINUX:  ipc typ 17 not implemented".. it comes from the
/sys/compat/linux/linux_ipc.c  source.
Making a  ktrace and comparing it with a strace in a linux system (where
this doesn't fail) in the same conditions it shows that it hangs in the
place where it would have to do a semop and following it a fork (to
detach the so called "ghost task")..
Has anithing of this sense to anybody?.. any clue?
Thanks a lot for any idea I can follow to resolve this question