Date:      Fri, 21 Sep 2001 08:33:32 -0700
From:      "Jeremiah Gowdy" <jeremiah@sherline.com>
To:        <freebsd-ia64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Need FreeBSD IA-64 status

I'm doing a presentation at the ToorCon Security Expo very soon here on
x86-64 and IA-64.  I need to know the status of the two ports, and any
additional information on your experiences with the GCC ports.  Any and all
information you could provide on anything related to these two
architectures, would be greatly appreciated.  I tried collecting this
information about two months ago, but then I realized how much would, and
did, change in that time.  I know the FreeBSD port is not anywhere near
done, but I would like to know where it is, if anywhere.

I'm also trying to draw some conclusions about how branch registers would
affect stack overflow attacks, since the return IP wouldn't be on the stack.
If you have any ideas about this, once again, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Jeremiah Gowdy

IT Manager - Senior Network Administrator

Sherline Products Inc
3235 Executive Ridge
Vista CA 92083-8527

IT Dept: 760-727-9492