Date:      Sun, 11 Nov 2001 10:00:00 +0100 (CET)
From:      Riccardo Torrini <riccardo@torrini.org>
To:        Craig Burgess <craig@felix.cheetahusa.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Permission denied?

On 10-Nov-2001 (18:41:03/GMT) Craig Burgess wrote:

> When similar has happened to me it was because I was not
> running cvsup as root.

No no, I was local root, but (I think) message warnig was for
unreadable remote file, _ALL_ others files get updated fine.
I cutted out successfully updates ports from report, changed
in '[...]', to make it more readable.

>> Server warning: Cannot open
>> "/usr/local/etc/cvsup/prefixes/FreeBSD.cvs/
>>    ports/misc/gkrellmlaunch/Makefile,v": Permission denied

And if you look deeply the path you can see that is from cvsup
server, my local files go to /usr/ports/
And I haven't _ANY_ file "*,v", it is really server side.

Anyway, now (09:55 GMT+1 -italy time) updated fine.
-----8<-----
[...]
 Edit ports/mail/qmail-ldap/pkg-message
  Add delta 1.4 2001.11.11.01.25.28 lioux
 Checkout ports/misc/gkrellmlaunch/Makefile
 Checkout ports/misc/gkrellmlaunch/distinfo
 Checkout ports/misc/gkrellmlaunch/files/patch-Makefile
 Checkout ports/misc/gkrellmlaunch/pkg-comment
 Checkout ports/misc/gkrellmlaunch/pkg-descr
 Checkout ports/misc/gkrellmlaunch/pkg-plist
Shutting down connection to server
Finished successfully

Sorry for wasting you time.
Riccardo.