Date:      Sun, 12 May 2002 10:04:35 -0400
From:      "Coffin, Dexter" <idnopheq@comcast.net>
To:        alpha <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: Re: Java 2 !]

Happy Mom's Day to all and your's!

With many thanks to Andrew Gallatin and Roberto de Iriarte, I got the
Compaq Java 2 running and wrapped it up with javavmwrapper while
watching the Red Wings take their series against the Blues.

Now I'll ask another question.  With the ability to run Linux Java, what
steps are required to get the native JDK (say 1.3) to compile?  IIRC,
the i386 port requires linux-java to build the native java, so that
hurdle ~might~ be leaped.

Take out the i386 requirement from the Makefile.

Grab the jdk source from Sun and get the patches.

Anything else?  Anyone else try this?  Advice?

If this REALLY should be directed to the freebsd-java list, let me
know.  From monitoring that list, they seem more focused on i386 right
now.

p.s. - deepest apologies for the previous post in triplicate.  Comcast's
SMTP server opted to sit on my email for a few days, hence my second
post attempt and Paul's forward.  I'll give it a week next time!