Date:      Thu, 11 Apr 2002 18:09:23 -0500
From:      "Jim C. Nasby" <jim@nasby.net>
To:        Francisco Reyes <lists@natserv.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD DB List <freebsd-database@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Raid configuration

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 11:33:16AM -0500, Francisco Reyes wrote:
> Anyone has any experience with FreeBSD + RAID + SQL database?
> In particular I am using PostgreSQL
>
> I am leaning towards RAID 10 with 4 disks
> Given that PostgreSQL doesn't support table-spaces yet I would have the
> first two mirrored disk for the database and the other two for the logs.

FWIW, RAID10 is not two seperate mirrors, it's a single volume. It's
either a mirror of two striped volumes (yuck), or a stripe of mirrored
volumes. In either case, it's not two seperately addressable volumes as
your database v. logs comment suggests.

--
Jim C. Nasby (aka Decibel!)                    jim@nasby.net